As America's use of pickups and Sport Utility Vehicles continues to grow, so does the need for better performing winter tires. And while many light trucks feature four-wheel-drive systems to enhance their poor weather capabilities, their unique ability to accelerate with relative ease (compared to standard passenger cars) doesn't convert into extra cornering or stopping traction. So if you want to maximize all of your light truck's winter capabilities, the Bridgestone Winter Dueler offers Blizzak technology to help provide the snow and ice traction you need.
The Winter Dueler DM-Z2 features a directional tread design to help maintain good traction on wet and slush covered roads while its zig-zag sipes and independent tread blocks provide the edges to help bite through snow. It also features Bridgestone's latest Link Multicell Compound which is glass fiber reinforced to enhance vehicle stability on dry roads while it helps disperse water to reduce the risk of slipping on the thin surface film of water that makes ice so dangerous. This allows the Winter Dueler DM-Z2 to approach the traction provided by a studded tire on ice ... without the use of studs.
NOTE: The first 55% of the Winter Dueler DM-Z2 tread depth features the Link Multicell Compound while the remaining 45% features a standard winter tire compound.
The Winter Dueler DM-Z2 radials meet the industry's severe snow service requirements and is branded with the snowflake-on-the-mountain symbol.
Bridgestone's Ultimate Network of Intelligent Tire Technology (UNI-T) brings advanced tire technologies together, taking tire performance to a new level. This combination of innovative tire design, roundness and tread compound maximize the tire's performance, ride quality and wear.
Blizzaks on all wheels - Due to the revolutionary traction capabilities of the Blizzak, Bridgestone recommends using Blizzaks only in sets of four to provide the best handling characteristics and tire performance.